Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP 2021)
“Visual communications in the era of AI and limited resources”
Sunday – Wednesday, December 5 – 8, 2021.
Conference Venue: Novotel Munich City, Germany
|Submission of Papers for Regular, Demo and Special Sessions (extended)|
|Paper Acceptance Notification|
|Submission of Camera-Ready Papers and Registration|
|Submission of Poster Teaser||December 1, 2021|
|Submission of Oral Slides||December 3, 2021|
|Conference||December 5-8, 2021|
Online access to the conference : zoom
Remote presentation instructions have been updated.
Proceedings are availabe here.
VCIP will be a hybrid conference. This is in line with the Corona regulations of the government. Only fully vaccinated people will have access to the conference hotel. Keynote speakers and others will be on-site.
Online participation of VCIP 2021 is free for non-authors.
VCIP is proudly the oldest conference in the field and one of the flagship conferences of the IEEE CAS Visual Signal Processing and Communications. Since 1986 VCIP has served as a premier forum for the exchange of fundamental and applied research in the field of visual communications and image processing. We invite you to participate in VCIP 2021 which we host in the beautiful city of Munich. VCIP 2021 inherits the tradition of previous conferences in providing a fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to disseminate their research outcomes and push forward the frontiers of knowledge within these and related areas. The main conference theme of 2021 is “Visual communications in the era of AI and limited resources”.
The VCIP 2021 Call for Papers topics cover but are not limited to:
- Emerging Techniques for Image and Video Coding Standards
- Image and video compression beyond standards
- Evaluation of image and video coding standards
- Video coding for machines
- Compression of neural networks for visual communications
- Dynamic Point Cloud Capture and Compression
- Image/Video Privacy
- Advanced Techniques for Immersive Video
- Visual Communications
- Visual Processing Embedded Systems and Architecture Implementations
- Cloud Multimedia Systems, Applications and Services
- Multimedia Content Analysis, Representation, and Understanding
- Machine learning for Multimedia
- Multimedia and Multimodal User Interfaces and Interaction Models
- Multimedia Networking, Multimedia Traffic Management
- Efficient and Massively Scalable Multimedia Service Distribution, Multimedia
- Delivery, Multimedia Broadcasting
- Mobile Multimedia, Wireless Multimedia Communications
- Low Delay and Multipath Video Communication over 5G network
- Multi- und Hyperspectral Image Communication
- Automated Machine Learning for Visual Signal Processing
Does Deep Learning have to be so deep?
Perception: The Next Milestone in Learned Image Compression
Design Space Exploration for AI Hardware Architectures
Silke Kenzler Conference Management
Tel: +49 (0)511 65581860
Fax: +49 (0)511 65581861
Mobil: +49 (0)170 5233340
Steuer-Nr.: FA Hannover Nord, 25/121/14982
UST-Nr.: DE 213626018